Hey everyone! As you can tell, I'm loving the online book-blogging community, and I keep finding new, fun things to do! So this is something I'm hoping to post about monthly. It's called Random Acts of Kindness and its hosted by the wonderful ladies at Book Soulmates!
RAK goes like this. Everyone 'uploads' their wishlist to a monthly directory. Fellow RAK participants can view your wishlist and either send to you or purchase FOR you one or more of the books on your wishlist - out of the kindness of their heart. This is a pass it forward kind of thing. I think this is a great, great, GREAT idea! RULES (taken directly from Book Soulmates):
Each month I'm going to buy one book for someone else on the RAK list. Unfortunately, I don't own that many books (they're all on my Kindle) so I can't simply send books out. Instead I'll be buying them. This month I chose to send the book My Favorite Countess by Vanessa Kelly to one lucky RAK participant! ;) I'll be reading that book in a couple of weeks, and I know it will bring a smile to my face (much less hers) to think of her reading it. It better be good! ;) Join the fun! Bring smiles, laughter and LOVE LOVE LOVE to people everywhere with a Random Act of Kindess! I'll be posting at the end of the month to let you know if I received any RAK books!
- Sign up each month that you'd like to participate.
- Show off your participation by grabbing our RAK button :)
- Create a wish list (on Amazon, Goodreads, or your blog etc) and post it in the Google Doc located in each R.A.K post for the month.
- If you choose to do a R.A.K for someone, check out their wish list and contact that blogger for their address.
- At the end of the month, SHOW US YOUR R.A.K! Make a post saying 'Thank You' to whoever granted one of your wishes and share it with us :)
OPEN TO EVERYONE!
Let's keep our International bloggers in mind and in our hearts.
Remember, there's always the Book Depository and they offer FREE shipping!