Monday, June 27

Friday Following Fun - #2 (Late)

Guess who forgot it was a Friday three days ago??? Just as I thought I would, I totally forgot to put up the Follow Friday post - but hey, better late then never, right? So here goes!


 

Every week, parajunkee features a book blog, with some information about the blogger and why they started the blog. Then, everyone who's part of the FF system follows that person. There's also a beautiful linky list below that with links to hundrends (literally) of other book blogs. What a wonderful way to get connected to others who share a passion for books and for blogging!

Our Feature - Mickey @ I'm a Book Shark




I'm A Book Shark 
Welcome to the world of Book Sharks!
Mickey is the blogger behind I'm A Book Shark. She really wishes there was a better explanation for why she's a book shark. A new twitter name was needed, and it had to be about her favorite hobby: reading! For whatever reason, sharks also came to mind and a book shark was born.

Mickey has been reading for as long as she can remember. It's her favorite pastime, her go-to activity, her escape from any bad reality. Reading is so awesome that her last name is even Reed! (Spelled wrong for irony of course.) And her first name is actually Michelle, so her name is quite like Richelle Mead. It never gets old!

Her goal this year is 200 books, and she's already 59% there. That's mostly because she reads almost every genre in any age range. She enjoys a good romance, perhaps a comical mystery, or a YA novel with angels and vampires. And audio books are a staple in her life! Mickey has a job where she can listen to books at work, and that makes up a big amount of her reading.

Besides reading, Mickey is a natural reddish-headed mid-twenties entertainment-of-all-kinds lover, girlfriend of boyfriend, mother of reptiles (and a cat), and addict of dessert. Anything chocolate is a welcomed gift in her life. Oh yeah, and she likes to blog. :o)
 

Sound like a cool blog? Just click on the @ I'm a Bookshark and you'll be directed to Micky's page where you can follow her - I know I will be!
The Linky List:
Weekly Question (answered by yours truly!): In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

A: There was this series by Holly Black I read when I was into YA books - Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside - that are about the fae. That's definitely my favorite story about the fae. As far as fairy tales, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite - that was the musical my high school put on when I first did stage crew and it was a magical production.

 
Book Blogger HopI have also discovered the Crazy-For-Books Blog Hop, So here's there weekly Question and Answer!

Question: “When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”

Answer: Wow. That's a really tough question. I've always been a huge reader - I was devouring chapter books before I hit first grade and I read the first Harry Potter book (filched from my brother's near-nonexistent bookshelf) in second grade before moving on to other 'big kid' books. Reading has always been an escape and a comfort to me. I went through varying stages of fantasy, YA, and then finally romance (first contemporary then historical) where I discovered reading would always be (no pun intended) my passion. Reading has always been a huge part of my life - I don't know what I would do without it. Probably be very sad. All the time.

See you next Friday with more Friday Following Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Just hopping through from the follow Friday hop. (Yep, I know it's MOnday. lol) I am a new gfc follower as countrysunset40. Come on over to visit when you get the chance.

    http://tracystreasureofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hiya! Leave me a message of any kind - I love to hear from followers! Write, write write!