Thursday, October 6

Booking Through Thursday: Odd

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly bookish meme! This week's questions are:

1. What’s the oddest book you’ve ever read? 

2. Did you like it? Hate it? Did it make you think?


To be honest I don't really remember all that many really 'odd' books - a lot of what I read when I was younger was fantasy and paranormal, so I grew up on some pretty out-there books. I think the strangest book I ever read was Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger. I say that because I truly cannot understand the main character at all and I think it was the first time I'd every truly been unable to connect to a protagonist. Every thought and scene was unfamiliar and foreign to me, and yet the book still took place on Earth in the USA. It was the strangest feeling.

2. Ugh, I HATED that book! All I could think of was how whiny, annoying, selfish, insensitive, and phony Holden was. And then we spent a week on it in English class, discussing how lost and confused he was - I tell you, I had NO sympathy for him. Even less after that week he spent making my life a misery. Grrr...

On a happier note, don't miss a special guest post coming soon from one of my new favorite authors: Rosalie Lario! You'll be seeing reviews of her books and a guest post on the 8th - I hope you enjoy! She's written some really great stuff for you and there's a giveaway too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Leave me a message of any kind - I love to hear from followers! Write, write write!